Shark Tank - PBIS
Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS) is an evidence-based three-tiered framework for improving and integrating all of the data, systems, and practices affecting student outcomes every day. It is a way to support everyone – especially students with disabilities – to create the kinds of schools where all students are successful.
Implementation of the Project
- Create a Cohesive Classroom Layout
- Define, Teach, and Monitor Classroom Behavior Expectations
- Implement the Schools’ Behavioral Matrix
- Acknowledge and Reward Positive Behaviors
- Respond to Behavior Issues
- Record Behaviors and Act Upon that Data
- Be Aware of Your Own Emotions and Master Them
- Partner with Families
PBIS outcomes are what schools achieve through the data, systems, and practices they put in place. Families, students, and school personnel set goals and work together to see them through. Improved student behavior, or fewer office discipline referrals are most noteable outcomes.